Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday dinner

Yesterday I brought in the pumpkin from outside and started cutting it up to roast in the oven. Many people probably don't know that it is really easy to make your own pumpkin instead of using canned pumpkin and fresh taste so much better than canned.

I made a couple of recipes with my pumpkin, pumpkin hummus and along with a pumpkin risotto.

Tim was in a baking mood this afternoon and made a Swedish Apple pie for dessert. Between my pumpkin recipes and Tim's apple pie, we had great dinner.










Pumpkin Hummus









Fresh asparagus with onion and pine nuts, Pumpkin risotto and vegetarian ribs.










Tim's Swedish apple pie.



All recipes will be on my recipe blog in a couple of days.

3 comments:

leslie said...

I JUST TODAY did butternut squash risotto in my new pressure cooker. Somehow it makes me happy that we're on the risotto with winter squash thing together...:)

Jackie said...

It nice to know that us vegetarians think alike...

kristinleigh said...

wow, awesome meal!!