Monday, September 22, 2008

53rd Birthday

Today is my 53rd birthday! Yippee. I've never had a problem with getting older in fact I always look at it as another year wiser and smarter.

This past year I've made a couple of changes to my life that hopefully will prolong it for many more birthdays. One big change is that I became a vegetarian. One of the best things I've done for my body. Another change, I started to run. I completed my first run this past weekend and did 5 miles in 54.10 minutes which average to 10.5 minutes per mile. Now I'm looking forward to my next run....

I have so much to be thankful for in my life. I hope this next year brings me continued great health, happiness and some great new adventures.

Thanks to Leslie at Dailymile.com, for her great recipe for a green smoothie made with spinach, kale, fruit, soy powder, flax seed etc. I made one this morning which should get me though until the next birthday.

5 comments:

kels said...

happy birthday jackie!

leslie said...

You make 53 look fun and fabulous, my friend. I'm so happy we share the green smoothie thing, the running thing, the daily mile thing, the vegetarian thing, and so on...

Happy happy birthday, Jackie!

kristinleigh said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Missy said...

Happy Birthday!

Jackie said...

Thanks everyone!