Saturday, October 27, 2007

California wild fires



The Santa Ana winds have finally subsided in southern California helping the fire fighters get control over the fires around the San Diego area. The winds are now blowing off the ocean which is good for California but bad for us in Las Vegas. When I went out for my walk yesterday I could barely see the mountains because they were covered in a thick haze.

The picture above shows a beautiful sunset caused from the smoke in the air. Last night while taking a walk Tim and I noticed the moon looked like a big pumpkin. So even though the air quality is not too good right now, we are experiencing some beautiful sunsets and moon views.

5 comments:

kristinleigh said...

Love the new picture above! I took that one, right??!

kristinleigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love the photo!!! Barb

Jackie said...

Yes you did on Easter Sunday at the Park.

Jackie said...

Kristin, WHen you come back you'll have to take a picture of dad and I on the correct side of our name. Dad should be on the left side of the picture and me on the other side.