Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bonjou Bistro















Tim found a recommendation for a French restaurant named Bonjou Bistro in the Las Vegas paper. The article said that when you enter this casual elegant eatery, you'll feel as though you've just stepped off the streets of turn of the century Paris. We have never been to Paris* and the write up sounded so good so we thought we would try it out. The menu reflects a lighter style of food from Southern France. Our meal started off with a warm baguette that was spread with sundried tomato infused butter.Instead of salad we decided to try the soups. Tim tried the French onion soup while I ordered the Lobster Bisque with Cognac. Both were delicious. For the main course Tim thought the pork chops sounded good so he ordered those topped with a charcutiere sauce on a bed of chived mashed potatoes. I ordered the vegetable ravioli with wild mushrooms and artichokes in a tomato-tarragon sauce. I thought my meal tasted great but Tim thought his pork chops were a little dried out. Overall the service was fantastic. It was a great restaurant to try but I don't think we will go back. Many people love French food, but Tim and I still are still not big fans.

* Oops, after reading this post, Tim informed me he has been to Paris a couple of times for work. Well why didn't he take me along???

No comments: