Wednesday, November 14, 2007

1000 Places To See Before You Die




I love reading the blogs of people that I know. It keeps me up to date on their lives. One of the blogs that I read is written by Kristin's friend Kelsey. Kelsey and Kristin go way back to Rockford when they were 8 years old. Kelsey ,like Kristin has many adventuresome postings. One of her posting talked about a book that she bought for her brother's birthday titled, 1000 Places to See Before You Die. It thought it sounded interesting so I checked it out at the library. Found out they had a United States & Canada version so I went out and bought it. There are many great places to see. Tim and I are hoping to head to California for Thanksgiving and do some site seeing. This book lists a number of places to see around the LA area. It will be interesting to see how many of these sites we can see in our life time. Thanks Kelsey for the idea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I will have to check out that book too. I guess once you hit the big 5-0 you need directions so you don't miss anything.... Barb

kels said...

thanks for the shout out jackie. I used to kinda veer from "touristy" things... but these books have a pretty good mixture and, you know what, there is nothing wrong with being a tourist. sheesh- all the things that ive seen from the book have been pretty sweet!

have fun!